Please don’t allow the Village Planning Department to forcibly develop the Hickory/Kensington Area.
- The establishment of a TIF District in the Hickory Kensington Area allows the Village to exercise eminent domain. This could forcibly displace businesses that have been in the area decades.
- Worse yet, some of these businesses would be forced to close.
- Millions of taxpayer dollars that could be used to fund schools, police and fire stations instead will be used entice developers to build in this area.
- A spike in population could overcrowd our schools….which will not see the benefit of any increased tax revenue due to the TIF district.
- A glut of homes in such a small area could lower the value of your home. The housing market is just starting to bounce back in this area. Your home values could plummet again.
- We already have several empty commercial spaces in downtown Arlington Heights. The new TIF District would only exacerbate this problem. We will just have more empty stores!
- Please do not allow the Village Planning Department to forcefully develop an area that would naturally develop on its own over time. Don’t let them use your hard earned dollars to do it!
We ask that you sign the petition to let your Village Trustees know that you are opposed to the proposed Hickory/Kensington TIF District.
The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
See the list of Businesses affected.
See how you can help.
Local Resident Comments.
Recent info on TIFS in the locate area.